- 4 pita breads
- 1 pound leftover roast leg of lamb
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, sliced thin on an angle
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (eyeball it)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves (4 sprigs)
Wrap pitas in foil and warm in a low oven. Thinly slice the cooked lamb. In a small skillet over moderate heat, bring the chicken stock to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Add the sliced lamb to reheat while keeping it moist.
To a second skillet over moderate heat add EVOO, about one turn of the pan, diced tomatoes and scallions. Heat tomatoes and onions through, about two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off the burner.
Combine yogurt with cumin, coriander and mint.
To assemble, remove meat from warm broth with tongs and shake off excess liquid. Arrange a few slices of lamb down the center of the pita. Top with a few spoonfuls each of tomatoes, scallions and the yogurt dressing.