- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds kale, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup dry Italian red wine
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, about three turns of the pan.
When the EVOO is hot, add mushrooms and cook until dark and tender. Add kale and turn with tongs to wilt. Season the mixture of mushrooms and greens with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add wine and deglaze the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook greens five minutes longer, then serve.