- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as hazelnuts
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 2 pints rum raisin ice cream
- 12 soft fig cake cookies, such as Fig Newton brand, sliced into bite-size chunks
- Whipped cream, from a canister
Toast nuts over low heat in a small pan.
Warm the chocolate hazelnut spread in the microwave on high until it has the consistency of hot fudge sauce, about 40-60 seconds. In sundae dishes or small bowls, layer ice cream with sliced cookies, toasted nuts and chocolate hazelnut sauce. Garnish with a twist of whipped cream from a canister.