- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (a generous handful)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 12 jumbo pimento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- Black pepper
Chop beans into 2-inch pieces. Place beans in a skillet and add boiling water to cover. Cook beans in boiling water 3-4 minutes, then add raisins to pan and cook two minutes more to plump up the raisins. Drain beans and raisins.
Place skillet back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add EVOO to skillet, about two turns of the pan, then drained beans and raisins. Add olives to the pan and warm them through. Toss beans, raisins and olives with almonds and turn off heat. Season the beans with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer beans to a serving dish and enjoy!