- 1/2 cup turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup boiled ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar, provolone, American or Monterey Jack cheese, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons good quality all-natural ranch dressing
- 1 slice angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pint strawberries
- A spash of water or juice
Pack all the different savory components in separate sealable plastic bags and place in your kid's lunchbox. Mix the salsa and ranch dressing in a small plastic airtight container for savory dipping.
Place cake cubes in a sealable plastic bag. Puree strawberries with a splash of water or juice in a blender and pour into a plastic airtight container for sweet dipping.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.