- 1/2 cup store-bought mild green salsa
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole grain tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
To a medium size saucepot, add the salsa verde and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chicken stock.
Heat the soup through over medium heat and transfer to a thermos. Pack chips and cheese in sealable plastic bags.
At lunchtime, kids can pile up a few chips and cheese in the thermos top and pour soup over the top to eat. Yum-o!
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.