- 4 pounds mixed baby potatoes, such as Red Bliss, Peruvian Purples and Fingerlings
- 2 cups heavy cream, plus some to cover
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 sprigs each fresh thyme, sage and rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Halve the potatoes and toss them into a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, put the cream, butter, herbs and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about five minutes to infuse the cream with flavor. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the hot cream mixture through a strainer over the potatoes. Discard the herbs and garlic. If there is not enough cream to go three-quarters of the way up the potatoes, pour some additional cream on top to make up the difference. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and the top begins to brown. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.