- 2 cans chicken broth (14 ounces each)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring two cans chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken to the broth, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Poach chicken for 12 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and pour broth into a large measuring cup or batter bowl.
Return the pan to heat and add butter. When butter melts, add flour and cook, whisking with butter, for two minutes. Slowly pour cooking liquid back into the pan until appropriately thickened, combining with a whisk. Stir in Dijon mustard and tarragon and season sauce with salt and pepper.
Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce. Simmer 2-3 minutes to heat chicken through and to combine flavors.