- 4 large, crusty Kaiser rolls
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound salami, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- 8 slices vine-ripe tomatos
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn or sliced
Heat the oven to 325°F.
Split the Kaiser rolls favoring the bottom half a little. Scoop a little of the white soft insides out of the bottoms.
Season the ricotta with a little salt and pepper. Stir the salami and grated cheese into ricotta. Fill the rolls with the ricotta and salami. Cover the ricotta with mozzarella, tomato and basil. Set covers in place and bake to heat through 10-12 minutes. Cut and serve.