- 3 eggs
- Splash milk or cream
- Splash hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices white or wheat bread
- 4 rounded tablespoons apricot or raspberry preserves
- 4 rounded tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices herb-roasted turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter
Beat eggs, milk or cream and hot sauce with salt and pepper. Mix together the preserves and mustard. Spread the mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Face the coated sides in and make sandwiches of ham, cheese and turkey, folding meat and cheese to fit the bread.
Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat. Coat sandwiches in egg and cook three minutes on each side until deeply golden and warmed through. Cut sandwiches from corner to corner and serve.