- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine or cider vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1/8 cup water (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon light oil, plus some to drizzle
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 large plain flour tortillas
Mix honey with vinegar, sesame oil and Tamari, then stir in water and transfer to a small serving dish.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat with one tablespoon oil. When the oil smokes, add scallions and sear them, crisping them at edges and charring the greens, about two minutes.
Pull pan from heat and add egg, seasoned with salt. Toss and scramble the eggs, putting the pan back over the heat briefly if necessary, then remove eggs to a plate.
Wipe pan clean and add a drizzle of oil to the skillet. Place a tortilla in the skillet, blister it for about 30 seconds, turn it and add a quarter of the scallions and eggs to top the tortilla. Fold the tortilla into quarters and crisp the outsides, then remove. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve with sauce for dipping.