- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard, such as Honey Cup brand
1/2 teaspoon allspice (eyeball it)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (eyeball it)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat grill pan or grill over medium-high heat.
Pour two tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add red onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce by half, about 1-2 minutes, or longer, if necessary. Add brown sugar and cook one minute to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste. Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 4-5 minutes. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2-3 minutes more to cook through. Transfer chicken to a platter and serve.