- 2 small heads Bibb lettuce, cores removed and halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 English (seedless) cucumber, sliced
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (a handful)
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 large shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Place each half head of lettuce on individual plates cut-side down so that the lettuce forms a mound on the plate. Arrange the radishes and cucumber slices around each lettuce mound.
Place capers, dill, parsley, shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender. Turn blender on and stream in EVOO. Test seasonings in the dressing and adjust to taste.
Spoon the dressing evenly over the salads, capping the lettuce.