- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 hog dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 sack yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 sack shredded yellow cheddar cheese (10 ounces)
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Salsa, for garnish
- 2 scallions, chopped, for garnish
Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add oil, about one turn of the pan. Add the beef and begin to brown and crumble it with a wooden spoon, about two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add chopped hot dogs and continue browning, another three minutes. Add onions and seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and cumin. Cook another 3-5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and simmer five minutes more.
Pre-heat the broiler.
Arrange corn chips on a platter or in a casserole dish. Top the chips with the cooked chili dog topping. Cover the chili dog topping with cheese. Melt cheese under hot broiler for two minutes, until melted and bubbly. Garnish with sour cream, salsa and chopped scallions.