- 3/4 pound baby spinach (4-5 cups), packed
- 2 cans artichoke hearts packed in water (15 ounces), drained and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Combine spinach and artichokes in a salad bowl.
To make dressing, place garlic, lemon zest and juice in small dish and add vinegar. Let stand for five minutes, then whisk in EVOO. Pour oil and vinegar dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Top the salad with cheese and serve.