- 1 pound thin-cut chicken breast meat, available packaged in meat case at the grocery store
- Grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup packaged shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 3 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into half again
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped
Thinly slice the chicken into strips and sprinkle with grill seasoning.
Heat a large skillet to screaming hot. Add vegetable oil, about two turns of the pan, then chicken. Cook chicken for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add the ginger, garlic, peppers, cabbage and carrot mix and scallions and stir fry another two minutes. Add plum sauce to glaze the mixture, toss for one minute, then add basil and wilt leaves. Add fish sauce and turn to coat.
Transfer cooked chicken and vegetables to a bowl. Place spoonfuls of chicken into a piece of lettuce with cucumber and fold lettuce over to eat, like small tacos.