- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1/4 rounded cup smooth peanut butter, softened in microwave for 15 seconds on high
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot mix, available in produce department at the grocery store
- 1 cup bean sprouts or pea shoots, any variety, available in produce department at the grocery store
- 3 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Cook pasta to al dente, with a bite to it, then cold shock it to stop the cooking process by running it under cold water in colander. Drain the pasta very well.
In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together Tamari, peanut butter, vinegar and sesame oil, followed by hot sauce, to taste. Add noodles and veggies and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad and serve.