- 8 cups chicken stock (2 1-quart boxes)
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- A handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thin egg noodles
- 1/2 cup Piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers, quartered lengthwise, very thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces then shredded into thin sticks
- Handful fresh dill (about 3 tablespoons), finely chopped
Heat stock to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Mix the chicken with egg, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, smoked sweet paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Roll the meat into 1-inch dumplings and add to simmering stock.
Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
Let the dumplings cook 3-4 minutes alone. Add the egg noodles, peppers and scallions and stir. Cook another 4-5 minutes until noodles are just tender. Stir in dill. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.