- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 pound jumbo fully cooked shrimp, from the seafood counter in market
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 4 heaping tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste (optional – but the sauce really tastes better with anchovy paste. If you think you don't like anchovies, try them in this sauce. They just taste salty and yummy!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a few handfuls)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (about 1/3 palmful)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Cut bottoms off the hearts of romaine and cut the heads in half lengthwise. Wash lettuce and separate the leaves. Let dry in a dish draining rack while you prepare the rest of the menu.
Remove the tails from the shrimp and place the shrimp in a bowl, or pack for travel if this is a picnic meal.
To remove the chicken meat from the chicken, cut the chicken breasts off first. Cut the legs and thighs off using kitchen scissors to help you. Slice the meat on an angle. Arrange on a plate or in a plastic airtight container if taking for a picnic.
Place mayonnaise, garlic, lemon, anchovy paste, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and pepper into a blender and turn it on. Stream the EVOO into the dressing, pouring to a count of four, through the center of the lid. When the EVOO is combined, remove the thick dressing with a spatula to a bowl or a plastic airtight container if you're traveling.
Place lettuce on a serving platter or pack in a sealable plastic bag or airtight container for travel.
To assemble, spread dressing onto a lettuce leaf. Fill leaf with a large shrimp or sliced cold chicken – like a lettuce taco – and eat!