- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (you may substitute an alternate nut butter if your school is peanut free)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 pound whole wheat spaghetti, cooked and rinsed under cold water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
In a medium size microwaveable bowl, heat the peanut butter in the microwave oven until melted, about 15-20 seconds, or heat the peanut butter over low heat on the stove until mushy.
Whisk the honey and Tamari into the peanut butter, then whisk in the sesame oil and the ginger. Toss the spaghetti with the sauce.
If you want to get really groovy with the noodles, sprinkle them with sesame seeds. If you want to bump up the crunch factor, add some shredded carrots, scallions, bean sprouts or other veggies.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization,