- 1 box biscuit mix (9 ounces), such as Jiffy brand
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- A couple pinches of salt
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, available in the specialty cheese case at the grocery store
- A generous grating of fresh nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Combine biscuit mix, black pepper, cream, salt, cheese and nutmeg. Pile mixture into four large mounds or eight small mounds on a nonstick cookie sheet. Brush scones with egg wash and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes for large scones, or 7-8 minutes for small scones.