- 4 cups caramel-coated popcorn, such as Cracker Jack brand
- 1 gallon-size sealable plastic bag
- 1 package chopped nut topping (2 ounces), available on baking aisle
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Optional garnishes: caramel sauce, whipped cream from a canister and maraschino cherries
Place the popcorn in a sealable plastic bag and crush with a small skillet. Pour the crushed popcorn mixture onto a cookie sheet and combine with nuts.
Soften ice cream for 15 seconds per pint in microwave oven. Use a large scoop to overpack a round ball of ice cream. Place ice cream onto the cookie sheet and roll in coating. Cover the resulting odd-shapped ball in plastic wrap and use the wrap as a barrier to mold the ball into a perfect circle the size of a baseball. Repeat to form four balls. You will use about 1 1/2 pints of ice cream, total. Freeze until ready to serve.
Garnish baseballs with caramel sauce, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.