- 4 portions cod (8 ounces each)
- 2 wedges lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered, core cut away, then thinly sliced
- 1 small to medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounces), drained
- Black pepper
- A few large sprigs dill, intact, plus 2 tablespoons, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Rinse fish and squeeze lemon juice over it. Season the fish with a little salt and reserve.
Heat a large ovensafe pan over medium heat. Add EVOO, about two turns of the pan, fennel and onion and season with salt. Sauté fennel and onions, 7-8 minutes. Add white wine and reduce a minute, then add broth. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Set fish into pan and spoon juices over the cod. Add a few sprigs dill to the broth and set the pan into the hot oven to cook. Cook 12 minutes, until fish is opaque. To serve, arrange cod on plate, then top with vegetables and chopped fresh dill.