- 2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream
In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and cook until apples are saucy and softened, about five minutes. Carefully add the rum and cook another minute.
Divide ice cream among four bowls and top with hot apples.