30 Minute Garlic Parsley Chicken-Under-a-Brick
Pressed for time? You’ll have fun with this creative cooking technique and cook up a moist, flavorful chicken dish in no time!
- 4 large cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, a few generous handfuls
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds (Spanish peeled, toasted nuts available in bulk section of many markets) or toasted slivered almonds
- 1 lemon, grate 1 tablespoon zest, then cut into wedges
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
Pre-heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high to high heat and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Combine the garlic, parsley, almonds and lemon zest in food processor and pulse to grind into a dry paste. Loosen skin on chicken and layer a quarter of the mixture under the skin on each piece of chicken.
Wash your hands after handling the raw chicken.
Grease the breasts with a liberal drizzle of EVOO and season with grill seasoning. Place skin side of the breasts down in the skillet and top with another, smaller skillet. Weight the pan with a brick. Cook to crisp skin, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer the pan to hot oven and roast for 15 minutes.