5 Minute Bread Pudding
This easy bread pudding will be a hit with family and friends. For the ultimate comfort food meal, serve with 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie.
- 1 loaf store-bought frosted or unfrosted cinnamon raisin bread, unsliced
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, for a lighter version, use reduced fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 jiggers brandy
- Whipped cream, from a canister
- Ground or grated nutmeg, for garnish
Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Cut four thick slices of cinnamon raisin bread. Butter both sides of the bread slices with softened butter. Grill bread until brown and crispy on both sides, two minutes on each side.
While bread grills, in a small saucepot, heat sweetened condensed milk or reduced fat sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat for four minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
Cut each grilled slice of bread into quarters and pile into four dessert cups. Top bread with a few spoonfuls of the sweetened condensed milk and brandy hard sauce and a generous swirl of whipped cream. Garnish cream with a sprinkle of nutmeg and serve.