This recipe was sent from rachaelray.com visitor, E. Deeprose. She tells us that:
“This recipe means tradition in my house, because my mom always made these at Christmastime. When we started having Christmas at my sister’s house after she got married, she continuted to serve them. I always looked forward to a plate of Christmas baking with these bars on it.”
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 7 ounces flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1 package chocolate chips(6 ounces)
- 1 package butterscotch chips (6 ounces)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Layer all ingredients in a 9 x 13 inch pan in order listed.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Press down on top lightly with a spatula and allow to cool, then cut into bars and serve.
Makes about 12-15 bars. Yum!