All-American Mini Burgers and Special Sauce
This recipe makes 10 mini burgers and is perfect for a picnic or block party. The seasonings and Special Sauce add a delicious kick that will have your friends and family asking for more!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 10 soft dinner rolls, split
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Additional Toppings (optional):
- Sliced cheeses: cheddar, pepperoni cheddar, pepper Jack, swiss
- Sliced tomatoes
- Yellow mustard
- Blue cheese dressing
- Sweet red pepper relish
Pre-heat grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Mix meat and next dill pickle relish, steak sauce, grill seasoning and paprika. Divide meat in half and score each half into five pieces. Roll the meat into balls then squish it into small, thin patties, about three inches across (a total of 10 patties). To make a double batch or more, meat can be made into patties ahead of time and placed on cookie sheets to store up to 24 hours.
Cook on the grill for about 2-3 minutes each side for medium doneness. These patties can also be baked on cookie sheets in pre-heated 400°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
While burgers are cooking, make the Special Sauce: combine ranch dressing with ketchup and black pepper in a small bowl.
Serve on dinner rolls with chopped lettuce, chopped onion and Special Sauce. Add additional toppings as desired.