- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 green apple, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, peeled and grated
- 1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, superfine sugar, vinegar, and oil. Add the apple, onion, and cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and toss together.
Night of: Remove from the refrigerator shortly before serving.
Garnish the slaw with cilantro.