Apples, No Pie, Ã la Mode
Serve with Chicken in a Pot, No Pie. Two favorites without the crust save calories!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 canister whipped cream
Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the ginger and apples to warm butter, squeeze a little lemon juice over the pan and sauté 4-5 minutes. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples and cook for another two minutes.
Spoon apples into dessert dishes and top with ice cream and whipped cream. Garnish whipped cream with a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.