Arugula and Pear Salad
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 5-6 cups arugula, cleaned and dried
- 1 Bosc or Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), (eyeball it)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola (get a piece that will crumble easily for you) or blue cheese crumbles
Toast nuts in small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Cool.
Combine arugula and pear in a salad bowl, add nuts then dress the salad with lemon juice and EVOO, salt and pepper. Top salad with lots of blue cheese crumbles.