Arugula and Tomato Salad
This tangy salad goes well with creamy pasta dishes and seafood recipes. You can double or triple it to serve a larger group.
- 3/4 cup (approximately 15) grape tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and a healthy pinch of salt. Toss well to coat. Add the freshly ground pepper, EVOO, lemon zest, lemon juice and rice wine vinegar. Toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to macerate and release their juice.
Place the arugula in large bowl and sprinkle in the parsley. Spoon out the tomatoes from the dressing and add them to the greens, tossing everything lightly. Add the dressing by the spoonful, to taste, until the arugula is lightly dressed. Re-season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.