Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip
I love asparagus and green beans, but I love them even more when I serve them with this refreshing dip of mayo, lemon, shallots and tarragon. –RR
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (4 sprigs), chopped, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- A few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
Cook the asparagus spears and green beans in one inch of salted boiling water, covered, for 3-4 minutes. Drain and cool the vegetables and arrange them on a serving plate.
Combine the dip ingredients in a small bowl and garnish with sprigs of parsley and tarragon and set dip along side vegetables on serving dish.