Audacious, Herbaceous Beef Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it))
- Salt and pepper
- One log goat cheese (4 ounces), quartered
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 crusty whole grain Kaiser rolls, split
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, parsley, dill, chives and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into four mounds. Press one piece of cheese into the center of each mound, then form a patty around the cheese. Drizzle the patties with EVOO and grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and honey; season with salt and pepper. Layer each roll bottom with lettuce, cucumber, radish, onion and a burger. Spread the honey mustard sauce on the cut side of the bun tops and set into place.