Autumn Apple Salad: Salad of Apple, Endive, Pomegranate, Walnut and Blue Cheese
Toss lettuces, fruits and cheese with a honey-mustard champagne vinaigrette for a crisp, luscious salad.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 Fuji apples, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 4 Belgian endives, thinly sliced
- A handful of arugula
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese – I like a Spanish cheese called Valdeon
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large salad bowl, combine the minced garlic, mustard, honey and vinegar and whisk together. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until emulsified. Toss in the apples, endives and arugula and toss in the vinaigrette until evenly dressed. Finish with a sprinkling of pomegranate, walnuts, blue cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.