Slather burgers and more with this tasty topping, such as Mac and Cheese Burger Sliders.
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
In a medium size skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon for about 5 minutes, until slightly crispy but not all the way done. Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix in the pepper, pepper flakes, vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar and ketchup. Mix together and cook about a minute to let it all come together.