This dish goes well with Rach’s Spicy Honey-Nut Chicken.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (14 ounces)
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce, any brand
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, flat leaf parsley or cilantro for garnish
Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Warm the EVOO, then add the onion and peppers. Sauté for five minutes.
Add the beans and corn and season with salt and pepper, to taste. When the corn heats through, add the barbecue sauce. Stir to combine and serve the succotash with chopped chives, parsley or cilantro to garnish.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.