Beet, Onion and Orange Salad
This easy salad is full of color and nutrition. These are not the beets of your childhood!
- 6 whole beets, roasted or steamed, skinned and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, sectioned, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (a splash)
- 2 pinches of sugar
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- A few pinches of coarse salt
Arrange the beets and onion on a serving plate. Scatter the plate with oranges.
Using a fork, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing evenly over the serving dish in a slow stream.