Berries with Almond Cream and Amaretti
This dish makes a great brunch dessert.
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 ounces orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 amaretti cookies, unwrapped and lightly crushed
In a medium size bowl, add the berries and douse with the liqueur. Sprinkle the berries with 1 tablespoon sugar and let the berries macerate to get their juices flowing.
In a large bowl, add the cream, the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the almond extract. Beat the cream with a whisk or electric beater until it forms peaks.
Serve the berries in dessert dishes topped with whipped cream and crushed amaretti cookies.