Big Blue Burgers
Surprise! There’s blue cheese inside! There’s only one word for these burgers: Yum-o!
Look for blue cheese that has a dry crumbly texture, rather than creamy, and it will be easier to handle, whether you’re stuffing it inside a burger or sprinkling it on salad. –RR
- 1 1/3 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- A handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 shallot or boiling onion, minced
- 1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Steak seasoning, or, coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Toppings: romaine lettuce leaves, vine ripe tomato slices, blue cheese dressing (homemade or store-bought)
Combine first four ingredients and divide meat into four equal amounts. When forming each patty, nestle a pile of blue cheese crumbles into the center of the meat, and gently form patty around cheese.
Wash your hands after handling the raw meat.
Brush or drizzle burgers with EVOO and grill on indoor electric grill pre-heated to high for 7-8 minutes on each side. On an outdoor grill, cook six minutes on each side six inches from hot coals or over medium-high gas flame with the grill lid closed. For preparation with no additional EVOO, broil four inches from broiler seven minutes on each side.
Serve burgers on split rolls with lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese dressing.