Bitter Greens Salad
Fast and light, this salad will complement a variety of dishes.
- 4 cups (about 2 bundles) arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1 bundle) watercress leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 head radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 1 large lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to coat, about 2-3 tablespoons
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Oil cured black olives, for garnish (optional)
Combine greens in a salad bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the bowl. Drizzle salad liberally with EVOO. Toss salad and season salad with salt and pepper.
Arrange salad on plates. Garnish plates with black olives, if using.