Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers
Sassy tastes of a Bloody Mary cocktail are doubled in this cheese burger with a Bloody Mary ketchup topping.
For the burgers:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 rounded tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- A small handful of celery tops and leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup or chili sauce, such as Heinz brand
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs or fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup ketchup, such as Heinz brand
- 1 rounded tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons celery tops, minced
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
Place the beef in a mixing bowl; season liberally with kosher salt and lots of black pepper. Add the Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Tabasco, celery tops and leaves, ketchup or chili sauce, cracker crumbs and egg yolk. Combine and form four large patties that are thinner at the center than the edges for even cooking.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat cast iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Add EVOO and wipe around pan – it will smoke up a bit. Add the burgers and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Top with the cheese in last minute or two of cooking time.
Serve on brioche rolls topped with the special sauce.