BLT Burgers with Sriracha Aioli
Make your own “special sauce” to top a BLT burger from Rach.
- 12 slices good-quality smoky bacon or bacon with black pepper
For the aioli (you can also substitute 2/3 cup prepared mayonnaise):
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 rounded teaspoon Dijon mustard
- About 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- Fine sea salt, to taste
For the Sriracha aioli:
- 2/3 cup prepared mayo/aioli (recipe above) or store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
For the burgers:
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 rounded tablespoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup grated onion (1 small onion), peeled and grated
- About 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Leaf lettuce
- Sliced beefsteak tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Lightly toasted seeded burger rolls (such as mixed seed Amy’s Bread)
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bacon on slotted baking sheet or over a wire rack set atop a baking sheet. Bake to crisp.
Whisk up the yolk, lemon juice and Dijon in a large bowl and continue to whisk while slowly pouring in the grapeseed oil. Season the aioli with salt, to taste.
To the aioli or mayo base, whisk in the pasted garlic and the Sriracha sauce.
Combine the beef with salt, pepper, paprika, grated onion and Worcestershire and drizzle with the oil. Form six patties, thinner in the middle and thicker at the edges for even cooking.
Heat a griddle, grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 8-12 minutes, rare to well.
Serve the burgers on buns with bacon, lettuce, tomato and red onion; slather the burger tops with the Sriracha aioli.