BLT Hot Dogs with Onions and Special Sauce
This recipe takes hot dogs to a whole new level!
- 8 pork hot dogs
- 8 slices smoky, lean bacon
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- 8 hot dog rolls or brioche lobster rolls, split and lightly toasted
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Parboil the hot dogs in simmering water to heat them through.
Bake the bacon for 7-8 minutes on a broiler pan to render half the fat. Remove and cool to handle.
Wrap the dogs in bacon like a barber shop pole. Crisp up in a hot skillet or a griddle pan, or return to the oven and bake until crisp.
Combine the sour cream with relish and ketchup and season with salt and pepper to make a special sauce.
Serve the dogs on toasted rolls with the special sauce and garnished with lettuce, tomato and onion.