BLT Mashed Potatoes
Fold this mixture into Rach’s Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips.
One of ten recipes to use to add to Rach’s Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips. Check out the rest:
- Sharp Cheddar and Dijon Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- French Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Cajun-Style Mashed Potatoes
- Basil Pesto Mashed Potatoes
- Mexican-Style Mashed Potatoes
- Cheddar, Horseradish and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Butternut Squash and Sage Mashed Potatoes
- Herb Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper, Scallion Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 springs thyme
- 4-5 strips bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-4 leeks, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, washed and dried
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
Drizzle the grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon EVOO and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining EVOO over medium-high heat. Brown the bacon, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve some of the bacon drippings and melt in 2 tablespoons butter. When the butter foams, add the leeks and wilt for 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Gently fold the roasted tomatoes, bacon and leeks into mashed potatoes and parsnips. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.