- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus a drizzle
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced and crushed with flat blade of a knife
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- 1 head Traviso lettuce or radicchio
- 1 pint multi-colored, red or yellow cherry tomatoes
Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp, then drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
In a salad bowl, whisk together the garlic, mustard and vinegar and stream in the EVOO to incorporate the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chives.
Shred the lettuces and add to the bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl along with the bacon. Toss the salad to coat evenly with dressing and serve.