BLTs with Ricotta Ranch Dressing
I made BLTs with some change-ups: Instead of red tomatoes, it was Fried Green Tomatoes (page 85); instead of lettuce, it was wild or baby arugula; and instead of mayo, Ricotta Ranch Dressing. The bacon was applewood-smoked from Oscar’s Smokehouse in Warrensburg, NY.
Ricotta Ranch Dressing recipe follows.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, cream, lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, garlic, and herbs; season with salt and pepper.