Boneless Fried Chicken with 12 Herbs and Spices
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 12 pieces skin-on, boneless cut chicken breasts and thighs (ask your butcher to do this or use a sharp boning or paring knife to cut bones from breasts and thighs—do not use drummers)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
12 Herbs and Spices:
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I use Gebhardt’s)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 egg whites
- Honey and hot sauce, to serve
- Frying oil, 2 quarts minimum
Heat oil in Dutch oven or tabletop fryer to 350°F.
Whisk up flour, sugar with the 12 herbs and spices.
Beat egg whites in shallow dish.
Coat a few pieces of chicken at a time in egg whites then pat on even layer of spicy flour. Fry chicken pieces in batches for 10-12 minutes or until deep golden all over and to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Keep the chicken warm in 275°F oven on a rack set into baking sheet while you fry the rest of the chicken.
Serve chicken with honey and hot sauce.