Make this salad in advance so the bread has a chance to soak up all of the flavors and liquid from the veggies.
- 4 cups stale bread, cut into 1 1/2-2-inch chunks
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- A handful parsley leaves, left whole
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, soak bread in about three cups of water for about 5-10 minutes. Wring pieces out with a kitchen towel or squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
In another large bowl, mix together the veggies and herbs, then season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and drizzle with the EVOO. Add the bread into the salad bowl and give it a toss to combine.