- 1 pint/tub bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella in water)
- 1 slice prosciutto, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pint multi-colored baby or grape tomatoes or red grape tomatoes
- 4 thin scallions, whites and greens, trimmed
- A handful of basil leaves, thinly sliced
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices peasant bread
Halve the bocconcini and add to a serving bowl. Finely dice the prosciutto, then halve the tomatoes and add to the bowl with the cheese. Thinly slice the scallions and herbs, add to the bowl and dress the salad with a liberal dose of EVOO and salt and pepper, to taste.
Char the bread in a hot oven or under the broiler and serve with the salad for topping.